- Instructional Assistant Professor
- 509 HEEP
- Website: https://foodscience.tamu.edu/people/creasy-rebecca/
- Undergraduate Education
- The University of Georgia, 2007 BSA, Food Science
- Graduate Education
- University of Florida, 2013 PhD, Food Science and Human Nutrition, Minor: Agricultural Education and Communication
- Courses Taught
- FSTC 201 - Food Science
- FSTC/HORT 311 - Principles of Food Processing
- National Strength and Conditioning Association – Certified Personal Trainer
- ServSafe Manager Certification
Experience and Research Interests
Dr. Creasy’s experience in food science and nutrition spans from the food industry to higher education and community outreach. Her instructional focus at Texas A&M has been on introductory nutrition courses, study abroad programs, and undergraduate food science courses. She enjoys mentoring both graduate and undergraduate students. Her scholarly interests integrate food science and nutrition and include: 1) development and implementation of active learning techniques for food science and nutrition courses; 2) development of STEM outreach programs for youth in food science and nutrition; 3) consumer education addressing bioactive food ingredients, functional foods and effects of food processing on nutrient content.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations:
Dr. Creasy is an active member of the Institute of Food Technologists, American Society for Nutrition and the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior. She is also a member of Phi Tau Sigma Honor Society of Food Scientists, Gamma Sigma Delta International Agricultural Honor Society, and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.