- AGLS Building 444
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S. Political Science, University of California at Berkeley
- Graduate Education
- M.S., Sociology, Iowa State University
- Ph.D., Sociology, Iowa State University
- Former Student Association Distinguished Teaching Award College Level, 1987
- Former Student Association Distinguished Teaching Award University Level, 1993.
Sociology of Nutrition, Social Change, Medical Sociology, Survey Research Methods
Family determinants of children’s nutrition and obesity; socioeconomic determinants of health differences between countries; use of communication technologies in rural medicine.