The mission of the Department of Nutrition Ambassador Program (DNAP) is to represent our fellow students, facilitate relationships, and impact the Department of Nutrition and the Aggieland community through intentional service centered around the Aggie core values of respect, excellence, leadership, loyalty, integrity, and selfless service.
These students represent the Department of Nutrition at a variety of events such as recruiting activities, alumni functions, high school student activities, career days, receptions, etc. At all times, the student representatives act as true ambassadors of the Department through their language, appearance, and activities.
- Attend monthly meetings throughout the year
- Assist with high school tour groups
- Meet with prospective students and their families
- Represent the department at recruiting events and at department, college, and university functions
Who is eligible?
- Full-time undergraduate students
- Must have and retain a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be a student in the department for at least one semester before applying
- At least two semesters remaining before graduation
- A commitment to positively promoting the department
- Eligible candidates must complete an interview
What do I need to apply?
Benefits of participating?
- Improve interpersonal and communication skills
- Enhance public speaking abilities
- Foster relationships with peers, faculty members, and other key stakeholders of the department
- Grow your leadership skills and inspire other students to take a more active role in representing the department
- Build your resume
- Gain transferable skills for the workplace
How can I learn more?
- For questions about DNAP, please email email@example.com.