Master of Science in Nutrition and Kinesiology
Combined Degree Program
The Dual Masters program in Nutrition and Kinesiology is designed to provide integrative training for students who intend to become licensed practitioners in Sport or Clinical settings.
Pursuing these two degrees simultaneously will provide better integration of material across the two disciplines (Exercise Physiology and Human Nutrition) leading to superior training for future professionals working in sport or clinical settings. Being enrolled in two master’s programs simultaneously, which is normally prohibited, will streamline the process of acquiring two degrees.
- Degree: Masters of Science in Nutrition and Kinesiology
- Credit Hours: 36 credit hours per degree
- Degree Tracks: Clinical Emphasis Track, Sport Emphasis track
- Sample Degree Plan
Upon completion of the Dual Masters Degree and associated internships/practicum, students will be prepared to sit for National Exams to become a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Strength & Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC), and/or a Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP).
Board Certification as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics requires a Registered Dietician license for at least two years, 1,500 hours of specialty practice and passing a specialty exam. Clinical Nutrition specializations can also be found at www.cdrnet.org.
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Application through the Texas A&M University GraduateCAS system to the Dual NUTR/KINE program
- Upload an unofficial transcript with application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation, submitted online with your application
- Official transcripts and records, sent to the Office of Admissions
Official TOEFL scores are required for international applicants. Official scores must be sent by ETS directly to Texas A&M University using the school code: 6003. Visit the Graduate and Professional School website for a list of requirements, exemptions and other useful information regarding the TOEFL/IELTS Exams.
Instructional Associate Professor & Didactic Program Director
Graduate Programs Coordinator, Program Coordinator II
Karen Geismar, MS, RDN, LD
Dietetic Internship Director, Senior Lecturer
Academic Advisor IV
Steven Riechman, Ph.D., MPH
Director, Dual Masters in Nutrition and Kinesiology