To be eligible to take the examination to become a registered dietitian nutritionist, interns must receive a verification statement from the DI Program that confirms successful completion of the supervised practice.
To earn the MCN degree and receive a verification statement, interns in the MCN Program must accomplish the following:
- Successful completion of 36 hours of graduate coursework. Successful completion of graduate courses as evidenced by:
- a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better and no less than a C in graduate courses
- Completion of professional paper
- Passing of oral defense
- Completion of all course assignments for the NUTR 684 Professional Internship course is needed to earn a satisfactory/passing grade
- Completion of a minimum of 1,000 hours of supervised practice, with a minimum of 700 hours in professional work settings. Alternate supervised practice hours may provide a maximum of 300 hours
- Earn an overall evaluation score of 70% or better for each rotation of the supervised practice. Interns may be asked to repeat a rotation if they fail to earn 70% or better.
- Meet all ACEND core competencies for the registered dietitian nutritionist during the supervised practice
- Completion of all preceptor evaluations
See Graduate Catalog for more information.