The supervised practice component of the Master of Clinical Nutrition (MCN) Program offers a variety of rotation sites in central Texas area, primarily Temple, Texas. Other supervised practice locations include College Station, Bryan, Houston, Dallas, and Waco, Texas. Supervised practice sites include teaching hospitals, community and extension opportunities, outpatient clinics, consulting and entrepreneurial rotations, and a variety of locations for institutional management experience.
The supervised practice begins in August and ends in May of the following year and will meet the 1062-hour minimum criteria established by ACEND. During these 9 months of the supervised practice, the intern will be assigned a variety of professional experiences in clinical nutrition, community nutrition, and management/food service management. Successful completion of the internship allows graduates to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians.
Note: Texas A&M Dietetic Internship Program does not provide credit for prior learning experiences.
Examples of Dietetic Internship (DI) Rotation Sites
- Central Texas Veterans’ Health Care System – Temple, TX
- Nutrition and Food Service – Waco VA
- Baylor Scott &White Hospital & Clinic – Temple, TX
- Baylor Scott & White McLane Children’s Hospital
- Baylor Scott & White – College Station, TX
- Baylor Scott & White – Round Rock, TX
- Joseph Regional Health Center – Bryan, TX
- Liberty Dialysis – Bryan, TX
- Belton Independent School District – Belton, TX
- Bryan Independent School District – Bryan, TX
- Brenham Independent School District – Brenham, TX
- College Station Independent School District – College Station TX
- Central Texas Veterans’ Health Care System Food Service/DOM – Temple, TX
- Baylor Scott &White Hospital & Clinic Food Service – Temple, TX
- BVCAA WIC – Bryan, TX 77802
- Waco Meals on Wheels
- Bell County WIC – Temple, TX
- Excellence in Health – Lorena, TX
- Cooper Clinic – Dallas, TX 75230
- TAMU AgriLife Extension, Texas A&M University Campus – College Station, TX
- Texas A&M Student Health Services, Texas A&M University Campus – College Station, TX
- Recipe for Success – Houston, TX
- Memorial Hermann Hospital – Cardiac Rehab in the Texas Medical Center
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Policy Initiative and Advocacy – Washington D.C.