- Regents Fellow, Professor & Nutrition Specialist Emerita (Retired)
- Kleberg Center, Rm 114
Follow Dr. Bielamowicz on Twitter
Dr. Bielamowicz’s educational research and program curriculum development has been related to nutritional management of diabetes mellitus and osteoporosis training evaluation. Also, her research was to determine behavioral changes as a result of Extension nutrition education, increased exercise and self-care attributes for persons with diabetes.
Dr. Bielamowicz provided leadership for the development, execution and evaluation of nutrition programs related to special medical conditions for county Extension agents throughout the State.
Research interests related to the cholesterol and fatty acid content of meat muscle/adipose tissues.
Dr. Bielamowicz authored more than 450 Extension nutrition-related publications and numerous support resources for use with all Extension audiences with special food needs related to medical conditions. Most recently several online courses were authored by Dr. Bielamowicz.
- Bielamowicz, M.C.K., Pope, P. and Rice, C.A. Creative Community Diabetes Education Motivates Texans with Type 2 Diabetes to Do Well with Diabetes Control. Journal of American Association of Diabetes Educators — The Diabetes Educator, 2013 Jan;39(1):119-27. doi:10.1177/0145721712470605. Epub
- Bielamowicz, M.C.K., Pope, P. and Rice, C.A. Outcomes from A Creative Approach to Diabetes Education—Motivating Texans to Do Well with Diabetes Control via Cooking Well Schools. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, September 2010 Supplement 2—Abstracts Volume 110, Number 10, p A-42. Annual Food and Nutrition Conference & Expo Abstracts. Boston, MASS. 2010
- Robinson, S.F., Bielamowicz, M.K., Rodgers, A.S., Wong, W.W., and Konzelmann, K.L. Designing a Bone Health and Soy Focus Group Discussion Guide Based on the Health Belief Model. Journal of Extension: 46(1) Article Number 1RIB3. February, 2008
- Bielamowicz, M.C.K. Cooking Well with Diabetes–the Practical Application of Community Diabetes Nutrition and Self-Care Program–Enhances Results. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, Volume 106, Number 8, Supplement 2–Annual Nutrition and Food Conference Abstracts. Honolulu, HI. 2006
- Robinson, S.F., Rodgers, S.W., and Bielamowicz, M.K. Selecting Recipes to Enhance Educational Programming – Application of Formative Research Methods. Journal of Extension, Volume 43, Number 4, Article Number 4TOT3, August, 2005
- Bielamowicz, M.K. Diabetes Cooking School Curriculum, Do Well, Be Well with Diabetes Cooking Well with Diabetes the following chapters: Introduction chapter plus 4 food and nutrition lessons: Carbohydrate Foods; Make Recipes with Fat Better for You; Double-Pleasure Side Dishes–Reducing Sodium & Increasing Fiber; Diabetes Reunion: Celebrating Sensibly with Diabetes with approximately 20 powerpoint visuals per lesson, 24 handouts; 42 recipes with nutrient analysis, accompanying presentation tip sheets and evaluation. Texas AgriLife Extension Service, the Texas A&M University System. 2003 to present
Providing leadership for the development, execution and evaluation of nutrition programs related to special food needs for county Extension agents throughout the State.