- Undergraduate Education
- Hubei University of Chinese Medicine (Wuhan), China. MD, Medicine, 1992
- Graduate Education
- Tongji Medical University (Wuhan), China. Master of Medical Science, 1995
- Beijing Medical University, China. PhD in Medical Science, 1998
- Junior Faculty Award, American Diabetes Association, 2010
- Research Award, Minnesota Medical Foundation, 2004
- Travel Award, Dept. of BMBB, the University of Minnesota, 2001
- Pilot & Feasibility Research Award, Minnesota Obesity Center, 2002, 2005
- Travel Award, The Center for Diabetes Research, University of Minnesota, 2001
- Courses Taught
- NUTR 470: Nutrition and Physiological Chemistry
- NUTR 681: Nutrition Seminar
The long-term goal of Dr. Wu’s research program is to elucidate the mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of obesity and overnutrition-associated metabolic diseases including insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease so that novel dietary and/or pharmacological approaches can be developed for preventing and/or treating metabolic diseases. Using molecular, cellular, and integrative approaches, the Wu lab is focused on investigating the interaction between metabolism and inflammation.
Obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes, and fatty liver disease
- Zhu, B, Li, H, Lu, B, Guo, X, Wu, C, Wang, F et al.. Indole supplementation ameliorates MCD-induced NASH in mice. J Nutr Biochem. 2022;107 :109041. doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2022.109041. PubMed PMID:35568098 .
- Ceci, L, Zhou, T, Lenci, I, Meadows, V, Kennedy, L, Li, P et al.. Molecular Mechanisms Linking Risk Factors to Cholangiocarcinoma Development. Cancers (Basel). 2022;14 (6):. doi: 10.3390/cancers14061442. PubMed PMID:35326593 PubMed Central PMC8945938.
- O'Brien, A, Zhou, T, White, T, Medford, A, Chen, L, Kyritsi, K et al.. FGF1 Signaling Modulates Biliary Injury and Liver Fibrosis in the Mdr2-/- Mouse Model of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. Hepatol Commun. 2022;6 (7):1574-1588. doi: 10.1002/hep4.1909. PubMed PMID:35271760 PubMed Central PMC9234675.